We had the pleasure of attending the Sustainable Seattle 2017 Sustainability Leadership Awards as a finalist for the TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE AWARD: SMALL BUSINESS. It was an honor to be among so many thoughtful local businesses. A congrats to the Small Business winner – Fremont Brewing and the others.
Engaging the Greater Community. The Sustainability Leadership Awards recognize outstanding contributors who have made significant impacts over the past two years on developing a more sustainable future in the greater Seattle region.
See below for this year’s Sustainability Leadership Awards finalists and winners:
- De’Sean Quinn
- Deric Gruen
- Stacy Smedley
- Sophorn Sim: WINNER
TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE AWARD: SMALL BUSINESS
- Cascade Built
- Humble Pie
- Snoqualmie Ice Cream / Snoqualmie Organic
- Fremont Brewing Company: WINNER
TRIPLE BOTTOM LINE AWARD: LARGE BUSINESS
- Columbia Bank
- Duke’s Chowder House
- IKEA Seattle: WINNER
- Sleeping Lady Mountain Resort
RESILIENCE: EFFECTIVE ACTION ADDRESSING CLIMATE CHANGE VULNERABILITY
- King County Housing Authority
- King Conservation District – Urban Forest Health Management Program
- UW Urban Freight Lab
- King County-Cities Climate Collaboration: WINNER
- Capitol Hill Eco-District
TECHNOLOGY: INNOVATIVE CREATION OR IMPLEMENTATION TO ADVANCE SUSTAINABILITY
- UW AgriC Team
- APANA: WINNER
- PATH/ Seattle Children’s Hospital
- StormSensor, Inc.
ARTS AND CULTURE: BUILDING A SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITY
- 2050 Storefront Installation – Terra Holcomb
- A View of Time / Bronze Binoculars – Erica Bush & Darren Edwards
- No Gasoline Day – Coltura: WINNER
- Mind over Matters: Sustainability Segments – KEXP
- The Bureau of Arts & Culture – PDL
The winners in each category were announced at the Sustainability Leadership Awards event on Friday March 3, 2017 at the Swedish Cultural Club.
Photo courtesy of Sustainable Seattle.