It’s official, the Alley House 2 has new owners! And, were even more pleased to share that the new the decision to purchase the house over other properties was not just for its modern, attractive design and finishes; it was driven by the house’s quality, thoughtful construction and rigorous sustainable certification.
If you didn’t get to tour the Alley House 2, here are a few notable highlights.
What is so unique about Alley House 2?
- Certified LEED Platinum. The highest green rating available and verified by a 3rd party, the Alley House 2 obtained more than 80 points out of 100 within the five major credit categories: sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, and indoor environmental quality.
- Your Utility bills will be half price, saving the homeowner each month and over the long term as energy prices rise.
- Super High Performance Serious Fiberglass windows. Lasts a lifetime, quieter, more comfortable, saves energy.
- Heat Recovery Vent. Fresh Air, continual, no heat loss, no drafts. Healthy indoor air.
- No Carpet. Carpets permanently collect dirt, dust mites, molds and pesticide residues, weighing twice as much upon removal
- Wired: For an electric car, solar hot water, audio, data
- TPO roof: White Cool Roof reduce heat gains and heat island effect
- Emphasis on Livability: Open floor plan, 10 foot ceilings in living space, non toxic finishes, and legal option to convert lower level to ADU additional dwelling unit, pre-wired, pre-plumbed & garage fully insulated (which the new owners are taking advantage of!)
Next Up for Single Family Homes: Our Passive House Project in Madison Park.« Previous Story Next Story: Visit us at Clearwater Commons on the 2012 Green Home Tour